Recipe- Gobhi/ Cauliflower Manchurian
Gobhi 1 medium (Separated in florets)
Green Chilli 2-3 nos (Finely chopped)
Spring Onion 4-5 nos (Roughly chopped)
Onion 1 large (Roughly chopped)
Carrot 1 small (Finely chopped)
Capsicum 1 small (Finely chopped)
French beans 7-8 nos (Finely chopped)
Ginger Garlic paste 2 tsp
Soy Sauce 4 tbsp
Vinegar 2 tbsp
Tomato Ketchup 1 tbsp
Salt 1 tsp or as per taste
Crushed Black Pepper 1 tsp
Corn Flour 5-6 tbsp
Oil 2-3 tbsp + to fry
- Wash and blanch gobhi and keep aside.
- Take corn flour in a deep bowl and mix with sufficient water to make a thick paste.
- Add salt and pepper mix well. Cover and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Now take sufficient oil in a pan to fry on medium heat.
- When oil is hot enough dip gobhi florets in corn flour paste and deep fry till golden brown.
- When done, remove on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Now heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a pan, add chopped onions and fry until pink in color.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and fry.
- Add chopped spring onion bulb and chopped green chillis and fry
- Now add spring onion green, capsicum, carrot, french beans and stir fry on high flame.
- Now add Tomato ketchup, soy sauce and vinegar mix well and reduce the flame to low.
- When boil comes add 1 tbsp of corn flour left over paste and stir continuously so that no lumps form.
- Add sufficient water to adjust the thickness of sauce.
- Add some salt and crushed black pepper, mix well.
- Now add the fried gobhi and mix well.
- Check the consistency of sauce if it seems too dry sprinkle some water.
- Cover and keep for 4-5 minutes on low flame.
- Top with 1 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tsp vinegar.
- Mix gently and serve hot.
Be gentle when you mix fried gobhi with sauce.
You can adjust the chilli and soy sauce as per your taste.
If you want gravy thickness add some more water and boil.
You can serve either as a starter or with plain rice or noodles.