Recipe- Vermicelli Poha
Vermicelli 1 cup
Onion 1 small (Sliced in thin strips)
Carrot 1 small (Sliced in thin strips)
Capsicum 1 small (Sliced in thin strips)
Salt 1 tsp (or according to taste)
Turmeric Powder 1 tsp
Red chili Powder 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds 1 tsp
Ajwain/ Carom seeds 0.5 tsp
- First dry roast vermicelli in a non stick pan untill golden brown.
- Meanwhile take 3 cups of water in a pan and bring it to boil.
- When done add roasted vermicelli to the boiling water with 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp oil.
- Cover half the pan and leave it around 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
- When vermicelli is boiled strain and wash with cold water. Keep aside.
- Now take olive oil in a non stick pan and heat on medium flame.
- When oil is hot enough add Mustard seeds and ajwain and let it cracker.
- Add Onion and fry till change in color.
- Add Turmeric powder, Red chili powder and all other vegetables with pinch of salt.
- Fry for few seconds, cover the pan and reduced the flame to low .
- Check after 4-5 minutes when vegetables are soft mix vermicelli and toss well on high flame.
- Now cover the pan and leave it on low flame for 1-2 minute.
- Serve hot.
You can use yellow or red capsicum as well to make the dish more colorful.
according to your child taste and tolerance.