Vermicelli 1 cup
Onion 1 small (Sliced in thin strips)
Carrot 1 small (Sliced in thin strips)
Capsicum 1 small (Sliced in thin strips)
Baby corn 5 pc (Cut vertically in strips)
Salt 1 tsp (or according to taste)
Turmeric Powder 1 tsp
Red chili Powder 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds 1 tsp
Ajwain/ Carom seeds 0.5 tsp
Olive oil 1 tbsp
- First dry roast vermicelli in a non stick pan untill golden brown.
- Meanwhile take 3 cups of water in a pan and bring it to boil.
- When done add roasted vermicelli to the boiling water with 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp oil.
- Cover half the pan and leave it around 4-5 minutes on medium flame.
- When vermicelli is boiled strain and wash with cold water. Keep aside.
- Now take olive oil in a non stick pan and heat on medium flame.
- When oil is hot enough add Mustard seeds and ajwain and let it cracker.
- Add Onion and fry till change in color.
- Add Turmeric powder, Red chili powder and all other vegetables with pinch of salt.
- Fry for few seconds, cover the pan and reduced the flame to low .
- Check after 4-5 minutes when vegetables are soft mix vermicelli and toss well on high flame.
- Now cover the pan and leave it on low flame for 1-2 minute.
- Serve hot.
You can use yellow or red capsicum as well to make the dish more colorful.
You can use tomato or potato as well (sometimes to change the taste of dish)
If serving to kids, adjust salt and chili according to your child taste and tolerance.
“Be Vegetarian be Happy”
“Live and Let Live”