Ingredients (4 nos)
Suji/ Semolina 1 cup
Curd 2 tbsp
Crushed black pepper 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp or according to taste
Chopper onion 1 medium
Chopper tomato 1 medium
Chopper capsicum 1 medium
Chopped potato 1 small
Chopped paneer 2 tbsp
Ghee/ Oil to fry
- Take suji in a deep bowl add curd and salt and mix well.
- Add sufficient water to make a medium thick paste.
- Cover and keep aside for 1-2 hours.
- Add chopped vegetables, black pepper and pinch of salt mix well.
- Heat non stick tawa on a medium flame.
- Apply 1 tsp ghee or oil on the tawa and wipe with a clean cloth.
- Pour some mixture (around 3-4 tbsp) over the tawa and spread in a round shape.
- Apply ghee or oil on the sides and cover with a lid. Turn the flame to low.
- Check in 2-3 minutes if upper side of cheela is cooked turn carefully and let this side also cook.
- Flip again if needed, when looks crispy on both sides serve hot with ketchup.
You can use yellow or red capsicum as well to make the dish more colorful.
You can use your choice of vegetables.
If serving to kids, adjust salt and chili according to your child taste and tolerance.
“Be Vegetarian be Happy”
“Live and Let Live”