Ingredients (2 nos)
Suji/ Semolina 1 small cup
Curd 2 tbsp
Crushed black pepper 1 tsp
Salt according to taste
Chopper onion 2 tbsp
Chopper tomato 2 tbsp
Chopper capsicum 2 tbsp
Grated carrot 2 tbsp
Grated paneer 2 tbsp
- Take suji in a deep bowl add curd and salt, mix well.
- Add sufficient water to make a thick paste.
- Cover and keep aside for 0.5-1 hours.
- Heat a non stick tawa on a medium flame.
- Apply some oil and pour half of the suji batter on tawa.
- Spread in thick layer (around 0.5 inch thick) making a round shape.
- Immediately after spreading it on tawa reduce the flame to low.
- And start sprinkle all the vegetables (use only half of quantity)
- When done spread a layer of paneer and sprinkle salt and crushed black pepper.
- Press gently with a flat spoon and spread 1-2 tsp of oil on the top.
- Now check if uttapam has started leaving sides flip it very carefully.
- Fry other side as well at low flame for around 4-5 minutes
- Check if done turn it again n fry on medium heat for 1-2 minute.
- Serve hot with ketchup or chutney.
You can use yellow or red capsicum as well to make the dish more colorful.
If serving to kids, adjust salt and chili according to your child taste and tolerance.
“Be Vegetarian be Happy”
“Live and Let Live”