Suji/ Semolina Pancake
Ingredients (4 nos)
Suji/ Semolina 2 cups
Curd 2 tbsp
Salt 1 tsp or according to taste
Eno Salt 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds 2 tsp
Sesame Seeds 2 tsp
Oil to temper
- Take suji in a deep bowl add curd and salt, mix well.
- Add sufficient water to make a thick paste.
- Cover and keep aside for 0.5- 1 hour.
- Divide the mixture in 4 portions.
- Take 1-2 tsp oil in a deep pan and heat on high flame.
- When oil is hot enough add 0.5 tsp Mustard seeds and let it cracker.
- Meanwhile take a small bowl add one portion of suji paste and mix 0.5 tsp Eno salt to it.
- Pour this batter in the heated pan and sprinkle 0.5 tsp of sesame seeds over it.
- Cover the pan and reduce the flame on low.
- let it cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Check if its upper side is cooked.
- Otherwise cover the pan for another 1-2 minutes and check again.
- Turn pancake carefully and cover the pan again.
- Let this side also cook for 5 minutes approx.
- When both sides are cooked and golden brown in color.
- Remove and serve hot with chutney.
- Make other pancakes following the same steps.
Do not beat too much after adding Eno salt.
Pour the mixture in a heated pan as soon as you mix Eno salt.
If serving to kids, adjust salt and chili according to your child taste and tolerance.
“Be Vegetarian be Happy”
“Live and Let Live”