(Potato and Cauliflower cooked with Rice in Indian Spices)
Basmati Long Grain Rice 1 cup (Washed and soaked in water for an hour)
Potato 1 medium (Washed and peeled then cut in to 1 inch cubes)
Cauliflower 1 medium (Washed and separated in florets)
Water 2 cups
Salt 1 tsp or as per taste
- Drain the soaked rice and keep aside.
- Take ghee in a non stick pan and heat on medium flame.
- When ghee is hot enough add hing and jeera and let it cracker.
- Then add whole black pepper, bay leaves, cloves and cardamom, fry till golden brown.
- Now add sliced onion and fry till pink in color.
- Add chopped green chilis and ginger, fry till change in color.
- Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chili powder, fry.
- Add cubed potatos and cauliflower florets, mix well and fry for 1-2 minute on high flame.
- Now add salt and water and let it boil.
- When boil comes add washed and already soaked rice, mix very gently.
- Cover the pan and turn the flame to low.
- Check in 7-8 minutes, when rice seems cooked and no water left, switch off the flame and cover the pan again for 5 minutes.
- But if rice is not cooked, cook it for further 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Now when you serve garnish with roasted jeera powder, red chilli powder and garam masala.
- Serve hot with green chutney and curd.