Boiled Spaghetti 1 cup
Bread Slice 6
Butter 1 tsp
All Purpose Flour (Maida) 1 tsp
Milk 0.5 cup
Sweet corn 2 tbsp (Blanched in salty water)
Olives 1 tbsp (Roughly Chopped)
Cucumber 1 tbsp (Roughly Chopped)
Salt 1 tsp
Black Pepper Crushed 1 tsp
Cheese 4 tbsp (Grated)
- Boil the spaghetti in a salty water and keep aside (Fig 1).
- Preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Grease 6 muffin mold and keep aside.
- Take 0.5 small cup of water in a wide plate and mix with a pinch of salt.
- Now take one slice of bread and dip in water for a second turn and dip other side as well.
- Now press the bread slice firmly with your palm to remove excessive water (Fig 2).
- Now set this slice inside the muffin mold in a way that it takes shape of a muffin mold (Fig 3).
- Do the same with all bread slices (Fig 4).
- Now bake them at 200°C for 10 minutes after that bake at 160°C for another 10-15 minutes.
- Making sure you do not want to make the bread crispy.
- Meanwhile lets make a white sauce.
- For that take 1 tsp butter in a non stick pan and heat on medium flame.
- When heated enough add 1tsp maida and fry till pink in color.
- Now switch off the flame and add milk stirring continuously so that no lumps form.
- Let the milk boil on medium flame and keep stirring at regular intervals (Fig 5).
- When a boil comes reduce the flame to low and let it cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Now add salt and crushed black pepper, mix well.
- Add sweet corn, olives and cucumbers, mix well.
- Let it cook for further 6-7 minutes (Fig 6).
- When milk is thick in consistency add grated cheese and mix well.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes keeping it stir so that no lumps can form.
- White sauce is ready, switch off the flame, cover the pan and keep aside.
- By then the bread slices must have baked enough (Fig 7).
- Check and remove from the oven and fill it with boiled spaghetti (Fig 8).
- Now pour aprox 1 tbsp of white sauce over the spaghetti (Fig 9).
- Top it with some grated cheese (Fig 10).
- And bake it again in preheated oven at 200°C for 10 minutes ot until the cheese looks golden brown in color (Fig 11).
- When done remove from the oven and let it cool enough to handle.
- Take the spaghetti cup cakes out of the mold (Fig 12).
- Serve hot.
- While setting the bread slices in molds, be careful as it might break.
- But do not worry if it breaks do patch work as after baking it will look fine.
- But be careful as no holes should be left otherwise the filling may come out later.
- Keep checking while baking it as we do not want the bread crispy.
- While making white sauce do not over burn the maida.
- While adding milk switch off the flame to avoid lumps.
- Keep stirring at regular intervals making sure no lumps can form.
- You may add your choice of vegetables.
- Boil white sauce to required consistency.
- Be careful while unmolding the spaghetti cup cakes as it is really hot.
“Be Vegetarian be Happy”