Suji/ Semolina 1.5 cups
Curd 2 tbsp
Salt 1 tsp or according to taste
Eno Salt 5 gm pkt (Unflavored)
Mustard Seeds 2 tsp
Curry Leaves 15-16 nos
Green Chilli 2 nos (Optional)Oil 1 tbsp
- Take suji in a bowl add curd and salt, mix well.
- Add sufficient water to make a medium thick paste.
- Cover and keep aside for 0.5- 1 hour.
1. Steam Method
- Heat a steamer and grease the plates.
- When done add the eno salt to the semolina paste and mix well (Fig 1).
- Pour this immediately to the greased plates.
- And steam for 20 minutes.
- Check with the help of knife or tooth pick, if not cooked keep it for another 2-3 minutes (Fig 2).
2. Microwave Method
- For that half fill a big wide microwave safe bowl with water.
- And microwave for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile grease a microwave safe bowl and keep aside.
- Now add the eno salt to the semolina paste and mix well (Fig 1).
- Pour this mixture immediately in to the greased microwave safe bowl.
- And place this bowl in the water filled big and wide bowl (Like a double boiler system).
- Cover with another bowl and microwave for 10 minutes on high.
- When done remove from the bowl and allow to cool (Fig 3).
- When cooled enough cut in to bite sized pieces and keep aside(Fig 4 & 5).
- Now take 1 tbsp oil in a non stick pan and heat on medium flame.
- When oil is hot enough add 1 tsp Mustard seeds and let it cracker.
- Add curry leaves and green chili, fry (Fig 6).
- Now add semolina bites and toss well on high flame for 2-3 minutes or untill golden in color (Fig 7).
- Serve hot with coconut or daal chutney.
Tips Do not beat too much after adding Eno salt.
Pour the mixture in a greased bowl as soon as you done with mixing Eno salt. If serving to kids, adjust salt and chili according to your child taste and tolerance.
“Be Vegetarian be Happy”