Uncooked Rice 0.75 cup
Cooked Rice 2-3 tbsp
Milk 1 litre
Sugar 4-5 tbsp
Green Cardamom 2 nos
Saffron 1 pinch
- Wash and soak uncooked rice for 2-3 hours.
- Drain and wipe rice with a clean cloth.
- Grind in to a coarse powder and keep aside.
- Grind cooked rice as well in to a coarse paste and mix sufficient cold milk to make the consistency thin. Keep aside.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan on high flame and bring milk to boil.
- When milk starts boiling add the rice powder and reduce the flame to low.
- Partially cover the pan and keep stirring at regular intervals.
- Crush the green cardamom and add to the milk.
- Soak saffron in a tbsp of cold milk and add to the boiling milk mix well.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Keep stirring and add cooked rice paste.
- Check if rice is cooked and when phirni appears sufficient thick (keeping in mind that it will thickens more when you cool it) switch off the flame.
- Pour in serving bowls, garnish with saffron and cardamom.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Serve Chill.
You can use ready made rice rava instead of soaking and grinding rice.
You can mix chopped or powdered dry fruits as well.
You can adjust sugar according to your taste.
“Be Vegetarian be Happy”
“Live and Let Live”