Mango Surprise (Eggless also Gelatin free)
Milk 0.5 liter
Sliced Pistachio 1 tbsp
Saffron 1 pinch
Green Cardamom Powder 0.5 tsp
Fresh Mangoes 3 medium
Whip Cream 4 tbsp
Sugar 2 tbsp
- Take milk in a heavy bottom or non stick pan.
- Let it boil on high flame.
- Once milk starts boiling turn the flame to low.
- Partially cover the pan and keep stirring at regular intervals.
- When milk is reduced to 3/4 add green cardamom powder and sliced pistachio.
- Soak saffron in a tbsp of cold milk and add to the milk mix well.
- Add sugar and let it cook for further 15 minutes on low flame.
- Keep stirring and scrapping the side at regular intervals.
- When milk is reduced to half, switch off the flame and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for around one hour.
- Meanwhile clean and wash mangoes properly.
- Cut the top and keep aside ( you no need to discard that as we will use it later)
- Now squeeze each mango a bit to soften.
- Now with the help of a sharp knife remove the mango seed (hard part in side the mango or Guthli).
- Keep aside and do the same with each mango.
- Now take a spoon and scoop out mango pulp leaving a thin layer inside the mango.
- Collect all the pulp from the seed as well in a bowl.
- Take small glasses and let mango shells stand on each glass.
- Now take the milk out from the refrigerator, add whipped cream and beat with hand mixer on high for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add mango pulp and again beat for another 4-5 minutes.
- Now pour this mango milk mix in to mango shells very carefully and cover with a top part of mango you cut before.
- Deep freeze for atleast 3-4 hours.
- Now before serving remove mangoes from freezer and keep in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Now cut the mango lengthwise and Serve chill.
Keep stirring and scrapping the side at regular intervals otherwise milk might burn.
Refrigerate only when milk is at room temperature.
For the smooth creamy texture keep mangoes in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes before serving from deep freezer.
Adjust sugar as per your taste.
“Be Vegetarian be Happy”
“Live and Let Live”