Besan (Gram Flour) 1 small cup
Curd (Thick Consistency) 1.25 small cup
Water 2.5 small cups
Turmeric Powder 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp (or as per taste)
Lemon Juice 1 tsp
Ginger Paste 2 tsp
Green Chilli Paste 1 tsp (optional)
Oil 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds 2 tsp
Green Chilli 2 nos (silted)
Lemon Juice 1 tbsp
Sugar 1 tsp
Water 3 tbsp
Grated Fresh Coconut 1 tbsp
- Take curd in a deep bowl and beat well.
- Add sieved besan and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, lemon juice and ginger chill paste mix well.
- Add water and mix to a batter (make sure no lumps are formed).
- Take 3-4 plates and grease with oil. Keep aside.
- Take a heavy bottom or a non stick pan and heat on high flame.
- Add this batter and keep stirring on high flame until a boil.
- Reduce the flame to low and keep stirring for another 5-6 minutes.
- The batter will looks more shiny and thick.
- Switch off the flame and spread this batter on greased plates in a thin layer.
- This will set and dry in another 5 minutes.
- Cut in to 2 inch wide and around 4-5 inch long strips with the help of a sharp knife.
- Roll them tightly and place in a serving tray. Keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a small pan on high flame.
- When oil is hot enough add mustard seeds and let it cracker.
- When done add green chilli and fry.
- Now add water, lemon juice and sugar and let it boil.
- Pour over the khandvi pieces and garnish with coconut.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Serve chill with tamarind chutney.
Be careful as the mixture is hot, when you are spreading on the plates.
Spread in thin layers.
Do not over cook the mixture, it will be difficult to spread in a thin layer.
“Be Vegetarian be Happy”
“Live and Let Live”