Gobhi/ Cauliflower 1 medium
Hung Curd 2 cups
Onion 1 medium (Finely Chopped)
Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tbsp
Red Chili Powder 2 tsp
Asafoetida/ Hing 0.5 tsp
Haldi Powder 1 tsp
Ajwain Seeds 1tsp
Roasted Jeera Powder 1 tbsp
Aamchur Powder 1 tsp
Coriander Powder 1 tbsp
Salt 1 tsp
Black Salt 1 tsp
Dry Kasoori Methi Leaves 2 tbsp (Roughly Crushed)
Mustard Oil 1 tbsp
Laung/ Clove 2 nos
Curd 2 tbsp
- Wash and clean gobhi properly and cut unwanted stems.
- In a big pan boil some water and add a pinch of salt and laung.
- Add washed gobhi to the boiling water, cover the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove gobhi and wash with cold water.
- Keep on a grill so that all excessive water runs away.
- Now for the marination take hung curd in a bowl (Fig 1).
- Add finely chopped onion, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, hing, haldi powder, ajwain seeds, roasted jeera powder, aanchur powder and coriander powder. Mix well (Fig 2).
- Now add kasuri methi leaves and mustard oil. Mix well (Fig 3).
- Add salt and black salt. Mix well (Fig 4).
- Now grease a baking tray and keep aside.
- Hold gobhi in ur hand with bottom upside and start filling marination inside (Fig 5).
- Fill it as much as you can making sure it goes deep inside (Fig 6).
- Now turn the gobhi and place in the center if a greased baking tray.
- Apply a thick layer of marination over the gobhi so that it covers full (Fig 7&8).
- Make sure to save 3-4 tbsp of marination for later use.
- Refrigerate this for atleast 4-5 hours or overnight for better results.
- Now when you want to serve preheat the oven at 200°C.
- When oven is preheated take the gobhi out of the refrigerator (Fig 9).
- And bake it for 30 minutes at 180°C.
- After 30 minutes bake it for further 10 minutes at 210°C.
- When done take it out of the oven and let it cool down to handle (Fig 10).
- Meanwhile mix 2 tbsp of curd with left over marination.
- And spread this in a serving plate (Fig 11).
- Now arrange tandoori gobhi in the center of serving plate (Fig 12).
- And cover the sides with hot steamed rice (Fig 13).
- Serve hot.
Make sure to cut down the center hard stem of gobhi.
Start filling the marination only when all water is drained properly and gobhi is dry.
You may also serve this with chapati, paratha or puri.
“Be Vegetarian be Happy”