All Purpose Flour (Maida) 500 Gm
Dry instant yeast 8 gm
Sugar 1 tablespoon
Water 300 ml
Salt 1 tsp
Oil/ Unsalted Butter 100 ml
- In a big deep bowl take 100 ml warm water.
- Add sugar and yeast, mix slowly, cover the bowl and leave for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile sift maida into another bowl.
- Check after 10 minutes the yeast will raise and bubbles should form.
- Now add 200 ml warm water, 100 ml oil or melted unsalted butter to that and mix well.
- Now add salt and half of maida.
- Now mix well and keep adding small amounts of maida (you may not have to use it all) to make soft and nonsticky dough.
- Then knead for further 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Shape the dough like a ball and put in a greased big bowl.
- Cover loosely with a cling film making sure no air can go inside.
- Leave in a warm place or inside microwave (of course in a switch off mode) for around 1-2 hours.
- By then it should become double or triple in size.
- Take the dough out and punch it a few times
- Your bread dough is ready to bake any type of bread.
- First of all check if yeast is not bubbled, discard it. That means yeast is not good or it might be very old to use.
- For better results sift the maida 2-3 times.
- The ratio of water and maida may vary depending upon weather condition or quality of maida. So you may not need to use whole 500 gms of maida. first add half and then keep adding the remaining maida in small batches to make a soft, light and non sticky dough.
- Knead the dough until you feel it a bit lighter in weight.
- Baking is always a hit and trial method as the baking time and temperature may vary on different weather conditions, the type of oven, the quality of maida and yeast. So don’t worry if you do no get it right in first attempt. Keep trying and surely you will be successful next time :).
“Be Vegetarian Be Happy”
“Live and Let Live”