Assorted Bagel Bread Basket
Bagel Bread Dough
All Purpose Flour (Maida) 250 Gm
Dry instant yeast 5 gm
Sugar 0.5 tablespoon
Water 150 ml
Salt 0.5 tsp
Oil/ Unsalted Butter 50 ml
Sugar 1 tbsp
Roasted Oregano 2 tbsp (For Dusting)
Roasted Zaatar 2 tbsp (For Dusting)
Chopped Olives 1 tbsp (For Dusting)
Sesame Seeds 2 tbsp (For Dusting)
Chocolate Chips 1 tbsp (For Dusting)
Olive oil 7 tsp
Bagel Bread Dough
- Now make 7 balls out of the dough and arrange on a grill (Fig 4).
- Cover with a cling film and leave for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile take a big pan and fill 3/4 with water.
- Add 1 tbsp sugar and let the water boils.
- Now pick one ball and make a hole in the center with your index finger.
- Move your finger a little bit to make the hole wider (Fig 5).
- Dip this ball in to the boiling water (Fig 6).
- Now pick another ball and do the same.
- Do not dip more than 3 balls at a time inside the boiling water as they will double or triple in size (Fig 7).
- Turn each bagel ball after 2-3 minutes or when it looks cooked one side.
- Boil other side as well for 1-2 minutes. (Do not over boil as it may break)
- Gently remove from water and place over a grill.
- Do the same way with all bagel balls and arrange over a grill so that all excess water leaves the balls.
- Now preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Dust all bagels with different toppings. Like Oregano, Zaatar, Chopped Olives, Sesame seeds or Chocolate Chips (Fig 8).
- Pour 1 tsp of olive oil over all bagels except chocolate one.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 20-30 minutes keep checking if the upper crust is not still brown bake them for further 5-10 minutes at 180°C.
- When done take them out from the oven and let them cool to handle.
- When cooled enough slit from the center and spread either butter or cheese spread, some salt and pepper (Fig 9 &10).
- Serve warm.
“Be Vegetarian Be Happy”
“Live and Let Live”