Mango Pulp 2 Bowl
Sugar 4 tsp
Saffron 2 Pinch
Green Cardamom 4 nos
Nutmeg/ Jaiphal Powder 0.5 pinch
Fresh Milk 1 tbsp
- Grind mango pulp with sugar well and keep aside.
- Crush saffron and green cardamom seeds well in a traditional grinding stone (Fig 1).
- Add milk and grind well again (Fig 2).
- Mix this with mango pulp.
- Sprinkle a pinch of nutmeg powder and mix well.
- Pour in a serving dish and garnish with some saffron and cardamom seed.
- Serve with puri, rice or paratha.
Do not add nutmeg powder more than half a pinch otherwise it may dominate the taste of mango.
Use sweet mango otherwise the taste would not be good.
Vegan may substitute cow milk with any vegan/almond/ coconut milk.
Adjust sugar as per the sweetness of mango.
“Be Vegetarian Be Happy”
“Live and Let Live”