Maida 1 Cup
Besan 1 tbsp
Curd 2 tbsp
Baking Soda 1 pinch
Ghee to fry
- Mix maida and besan in a deep bowl.
- Add curd and mix well with spoon.
- Now add sufficient water to make a thick paste of a pouring consistency.
- Cover bowl and keep in a warm place for about an hour.
- Add soda powder and beat well.
- Pour the mixture in a piping cone or in the plastic empty ketchup bottle.
- Now take sufficient ghee in a pan to fry.
- Heat ghee on medium flame.
- Pour the batter through bottle or cone in a medium heated ghee making your favorite shape.
- Fry them till golden brown.
- Remove and soak in a warm single string sugar syrup for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve Hot.
You can also serve jalebies topped with Rabri or Vanilla Ice cream.
Before frying check if ghee is heated sufficient.
Prefer flat pan to fry jalebies.
“Live and Let Live”